Sunday, July 18, 2010

oh hi again....

OH...Hey there. It's me, your faithful ginger friend who promised to write this blog....and by write I mean more than once a month. SORRY FOLKS. Just so you know I haven't been sitting on my arse eating bon bons. There has been a lot going on in my life as of recently. My bfffffff for life, pinky swear, cross your heart, hope to die, stick a needle in your eye (Susan) got married at the end of June. It was a fabulous affair and she was beautiful! Note her gorgeousness below:

Maid of Honor (Ahemmmm:Me) & Stunning Bride


This picture below is a great example of that entire weekend:
Wrangling of the bride.


BUT it was fun and fabulous and I cried more than I have in years. Now more about me and why I have been neglecting this here bloggy blog. OHHH .......... I got engaged!!!! Yes- I know you're thinking to yourself...someone wants to marry this ginger? Yep...poor guy...I guess he really doesn't know what he is getting himself in to. Prayers welcome.

AND THEN...my other partner in crime Sarah got married in early July. So basically my summer has been hopping from one wedding to the next with a few bachelorette parties thrown in occasionally for good measure. Note hot classy girls below.......


Yes! It's true! Us Powhatan girls do clean up quite nicely! =)



At Sarah's wedding I brought along the fiance' and we danced and he won people over with his Cotton Eyed Joe line dance. Needless to say the people he 'won over' were hammered and from Powhatan...aka...easy to please. Nevertheless we had a great time eating the from the smashed potato bar, drinking beer from koozies, and pretending to do the electric slide. With this rounding out 2 of the 4 weddings I am attending this summer, I better know how do do the damn electric slide by the end....problem is...I am always too drunk to remember the steps even if someone tries to legitimately teach me how to do it. Oh well...I'll eventually learn it in a retirement home I guess.

Side note...I referred to the 'Cuban Suffle' as the "Urban Shuffle' at Sarah's wedding. Yeah- I probably shouldn't be allowed to go out in public because I am an idiot.

HENCE people why I have been severely neglecting this here blog. Oh and also, I forgot to mention that for the past week I was forced to work out in Germantown, MD. Does that ring a bell to you? Yeah-It should. BECAUSE there was a GD earthquake there last Friday. I woke up that morning and turned on the news and was like HELL YEAH I don't have to go to work today!!! Then I remembered I was supposed to work from the office and then seriously started to worry that my employer was trying to kill me....Sending me to the F-ing epicenter of an earthquake. Thanks KPMG. Way to try to axe me.

BUT needless to say I HATE the state of Maryland. I would now like to compile a list of reasons why:

  1. Residents of Maryland=WORST drivers ever. Living in the DC metro area, we take driving very seriously. On several occasions I've gone home to Powhatan and someone has been terrified of the amazing driving skills I've acquired while living in our nations capital. PLUS my little buggy bug can go anywhere and I take full advantage of that.

  2. Maryland=so small and dumb. Really Maryland...I get it...You can make an F-ing crab cake. But guess what...Virginia is wayyyyyy better. We have more of the Chesapeake Bay than you do and we are way more beautiful and majestic. You have Baltimore. Way to go...murder capital of the east coast. Score

  3. EARTHQUAKE....Read above. I could have died. Thanks Maryland.
And then this weekend I went with my friend Fran and Ashley to attempt to see Despicable Me at Tysons Corner. HORRIBLE IDEA. I haven't been to Tysons Corner since I was in high school. What impressed me then was probably the proximity of Claire's to Icing and other nic nac stores. Lets just say Saturday night I wanted to kill myself. First off...the movie we wanted to see was sold out so we had to wait another hour to see a movie we weren't really psyched about (Grown Ups-actually turned out pretty funny.) Meanwhile I felt I was in the middle of a F-ing Twilight movie with all the tween angst that was going on at that mall. They were everywhere. It was totally creepy, probably because kids scare me. I also noted how many different types of people I saw there. Blacks, asians, latinos, whites, different religions, pierced, etc. I started thinking to myself...these kids are growing up so differently than I did. In my town you were either black or white, that's it. Living near a real place actually makes you see how many different types of people there are in the world. It is pretty interesting. Either way I wish all these people wouldn't send their mangy tweens to Tysons on a Saturday night. I wanted to see Despicable Me at 9:35pm on a Saturday night. Those little shits should be in bed!

Well anyways. In the next couple of weeks I'm moving to Rosslyn. I fear this blog will suffer as I am moving minutes from Georgtown (where the pretty and rich people frolic) and basically a zip line's ride from DC. BUT I know there will be creepy people everywhere for me to document so this blog will not suffer. I PROMISE.

Lots of LOVE!
P.S. My skank friend Emily started a blog. She is trying to kick Marie Osmond's ass at Nutrisystem. Check it out:::::   http://bigbuttbride.blogspot.com/












No comments:

Post a Comment