Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Swan Maker takes blog's v-card

So it’s a fact, DC PT is CREEPY! Creepy enough that tonight - May 18th, 2010 I have decided to write a blog about it. I think actually my roommates are really tired of hearing about the nutjobs I observe on a daily basis, so I am resorting to writing about it in this blog.



I live in Arlington.....well Ballston.....well....let’s just say far enough from the Ballston metro that no one speaks English. There’s this sweet bus line that takes me from my apartment in Tijuana to Downtown D.C.--We're talking right in the middle of Midwestern touristville. White House, Museums, Verizon Center- the works. (I am not going to mention the bus number because my mom will get all Nancy Grace on my ass....She's already asked me if my name was going to be linked to this blog-'NO mom, just my social security #, address, and mother's maiden name.......UGH') So I take this bus every morning and also every night unless I work past 7pm, because the line stops after 7pm. Apparently some folks aren't slaves to their job......aka get off at quittin' time-5pm. If I work after 7pm I take the metro and then a bus back to good old Tijuana.


ANYWAYS- so the man that inspired this entire blog writing shenanigan sat right beside me on the bus this evening. He plopped down right beside me and began working feverishly at something....At first I disregarded his antics, as I am fully aware of the jokers that ride this bus on a daily basis. I sneaked a peek to see what he is doing. He is folding pieces of paper together. I continue to be all Harriet the Spy- like and watch him from the corner of my eye - while I text my friend Fran, who I’m sorry to say has been texted , in detail, every time I encounter something creepy on DC PT. My first inclination was that this dude was making one of those paper fortune tellers-like remember from the 5th grade? Yeah-Sorry you picked blue-Your going to marry the kid with the lazy eye. DANG IT!


So moral of the story is...this guy wasn't making a paper fortune teller, but, yep that’s right people, PAPER SWANS....I found this odd...as he didn't look Asian to me....After his first paper swan he proceeded on swan # 2 (that’s numero dos in Spanish!)...I don't know why I found this non Asian feverishly making paper swans weird-For him it must have been  a regular Tuesday night- kicking back, making my swans on the bus to Mexico City. After two seats in a row freed up he moved…I guess I was taking up valuable swan folding elbow space. SORRY …geeeez!


Well thank you swan maker for taking my blogging v-card. Creeper.

1 comment:

  1. So not to be creepy that I'm reading your blog or anything (people do it to me all the time so I figure I'm entitled) but I had a very similar experience to your swan-folding man. I was in a Starbucks out here in San Diego in the middle of the afternoon working one day, and this guy in one of the armchairs across the room is making these very small things out of paper. I couldn't see what they were without awkwardly staring, so I waited until he got up to go to the restroom so I could investigate (and snap a photo). Turns out he was making little miniature SHIPS. Like, boats. Made out of paper and attached to little poker ships so they would sit nicely. He had a whole book of designs and then proceeded to have a meeting w/ someone regarding the ships...perhaps he is contracted out to do this type of work? Very odd. This encounter really made me want to start a "strange things I encounter at Starbucks" blog, but I didn't...glad to see something of the sort is taking place here :)

    ReplyDelete